The results are in from our shopping trip and there is double good news, the kidney that I left as a deposit has been returned and Sarah has a new "Luby Ling" (remembering that the Thai's are not good with their "R's") We ad so much fun in Bang it was amazing, from massages to meeting new acquaintances to just generally having a ball with everyone we came across. Sorry no new pics from me just now as the camera is sleeping with Sarah and neither wish to be disturbed as it was a very large night out last night and we didn't arrive back until the early hours this morning but more on that in a minute.
Note to self tell everyone who reads tis how much I love shopping!
We left the Bang on Thursday 5th November (Happy Fireworks Night) promising ourselves faithfully to return before Christmas. The bus journey was fine if not a tad hair-raising at times when the driver would invent his own lane at double the speed limit, but we got there safely and in one piece.
The airport, whatcan I say apart from one of the nicest and well organized airports I have ever been in. This airport also had the most expensive place to eat that we had managed to find in the month we had been in Thailand, some swish palace with five star cuisine you're thinking, perhaps even a Michelin star or two?
So sorry to disappoint but it was Burger King!!! Yes Bolg fans our most expensive meal to date happened to be at an airport bloody Burger King. Please don't share this gem with others as whatever credibility I might have had will just up and leave never to return.
The dreaded trip ahead came and went without too much drama even though it involve two flights, I don't fly well, its my ears and I just can't stand the boredom.
Next stop Vietnam (try it with an American accent like Robin Williams in the movie "Good Morning Vietnam" its just so much fun) We briefly touced down in Ho Chi Minh city where we had to change from an International terminal to the domestic one after we had negotiated the visa situation and gone through passport control( For those Blog fans that don't really know Sarah, she is just so well organized that things go like clockwork if they can and if they don't its not our fault that's why I love her to bits). We were approached (as we had been warned) by a Taxi driver inquiring as to our country of origin and where we were going, the reply being that we were going to the domestic terminal. The customary offer of a ride followed with a price tag of $10 was next which Sarah declined with a counter offer of exactly half, counter bid of $7 came from the driver which was declined so he left. The departure terminal was 3 minutes walk away even pushing a baggage trolley which for some unknown reason had to be exchange for a different one at the end of the pavement.
Blog Fans I need a drink (water) and a smoke (Benson's) so hold on tightly to the edge of your seats there will be more to follow.
Chris in Vietnam
No comments:
Post a Comment